We have collected here all worth knowing and useful information relevant to this product.
Velvet-Tufted Headboard - Elegant, Cozy, Practical!Elevate the look of your bed with the elegance of our velvet-tufted headboard, adding an extra touch of comfort.
Each headboard is custom-made upon order, so special requests like embroidery or unusual shapes are not a problem for us.
The headboard is tufted with matching fabric buttons and is exceptionally comfortable thanks to its soft foam padding enveloped in a layer of thermally bonded fleece.
Our velvet headboards are perfect as wall cushions, a seating bench backrest, or as a bed headboard (bedhead).
The cover is non-removable due to the tufted buttons.
Our velvet headboards are made from eco-friendly materials (EU certified) and manufactured in Germany (Westoverledingen).
Proper Measurement:The measurements – width (height) and length – are taken from the filled cushion, and the 4 cm (1.57 inches) wide eyelet strip is included.
Attractive and Reliable Mounting - Essential for a Velvet Headboard.For mounting the velvet headboard, we recommend our stainless steel wall buttons that perfectly complement the tufted buttons you'll find on the headboard. They can be easily installed on the wall using the included hanger bolts.
For reliable stability, we recommend the following number of stainless steel wall buttons (if you choose fewer, we cannot guarantee against sagging and stability):
- For headboards up to 44 cm (17.32 inches) wide - 2 x stainless steel wall buttons
- For headboards from 45 to 74 cm (17.72 to 29.13 inches) wide - 3 x stainless steel wall buttons
- For headboards from 75 to 104 cm (29.53 to 40.94 inches) wide - 4 x stainless steel wall buttons
- For headboards from 105 to 134 cm (41.34 to 52.76 inches) wide - 5 x stainless steel wall buttons
- For headboards from 135 to 164 cm (53.15 to 64.57 inches) wide - 6 x stainless steel wall buttons
- For headboards from 165 to 194 cm (64.96 to 76.38 inches) wide - 7 x stainless steel wall buttons
- For headboards from 195 to 224 cm (76.77 to 88.19 inches) wide - 8 x stainless steel wall buttons
- For headboards from 225 to 254 cm (88.58 to 100 inches) wide - 9 x stainless steel wall buttons
- For headboards from 255 to 284 cm (100.39 to 111.81 inches) wide - 10 x stainless steel wall buttons
Please note that the appearance of the velvet fabric may vary in color intensity depending on the lighting and direction of the nap.
If in doubt, you may request up to 3 fabric samples free of charge.
Filling Raw Materials
- Seat: Foam RG - 35/40
- Back: Foam RG - 19/30
- Thermo Fleece: 0,5 cm / 0.2 inch thickness - 50 gr/m²
- Thermo Fleece: 1,5 cm / 0.6 inch thickness - 150 gr/m²
- 1.6 inch / 4 cm variant corresponds to 1.6 inch / 4 cm foam, encased with 2 x 0.2 inch / 0,5 cm fleece
- 2.4 inch / 6 cm variant corresponds to 2.4 inch / 4 cm foam, encased with 2 x 0.6 inch / 1,5 cm fleece
- 3.2 inch / 8 cm variant corresponds to 2.4 inch / 6 cm foam, encased with 2 x 0.6 inch / 1,5 cm fleece
- 3.9 inch / 10 cm variant corresponds to 3.2 inch / 8 cm foam, encased with 2 x 0.6 inch / 1,5 cm fleece
- 4.7 inch / 12 cm variant corresponds to 3.9 inch / 10 cm foam, encased with 2 x 0.6 inch / 1,5 cm fleece
- 5.5 inch / 14 cm variant corresponds to 4.7 inch / 12 cm foam, encased with 2 x 0.6 inch / 1,5 cm fleece
- 6.3 inch / 16 cm variant corresponds to 5.5 inch / 14 cm foam, encased with 2 x 0.6 inch / 1,5 cm fleece
- 7 inch / 18 cm variant corresponds to 6.3 inch / 16 cm foam, encased with 2 x 0.6 inch / 1,5 cm fleece
- 7.9 inch / 20 cm variant corresponds to 7 inch / 18 cm foam, encased with 2 x 0.6 inch / 1,5 cm fleece
Velvet - a noble fabric with unique properties
Our velvet fabric is mainly used indoors, but can also be used very well in a covered and dry outdoor environment.
Velvet gives your entire ambiance a noble look and greatly enhances the surroundings. In addition, this fabric is very durable and very practical to handle.
Thanks to the excellent technical properties of this fabric, our products made from this fabric are virtually indestructible.
The velvet fabric has the following properties:
- 100% Polyester
- Weight - 380g/m²
- Abrasion resistance (Martindale) - >100,000 (Unique!!!)
- Pilling resistance - 5 out of max. 5 (DIN EN ISO 12945-2)
- Rubbing fastness - 5 out of max. 5 (DIN EN ISO 105-X12)
- Lightfastness - 5 out of max. 8 (DIN EN ISO 105-B02)
Since the velvet fabric is generally not exposed to direct UV radiation, the lightfastness value of 5 (max. 8) is absolutely sufficient for its purpose. More information on lightfastness can be found here
This fabric is breathable and fire retardant, passing the cigarette test according to DIN EN 1021-1 with flying colors. Due to its excellent technical properties, our velvet fabric is very often used in the upholstery furniture industry.
Velvet Fabric – high-quality indoor fabric made of 100% polyester.|
Here are the technical data
|Very high abrasion resistance (Martindale) - unique 100,000 |
No other velvet fabric can compete with this.
|Maximum pilling resistance - 5 out of max. 5 (according to DIN EN ISO 12945-2) |
Here is the explanation of pilling resistance
|Maximum rubbing fastness - 5 out of max. 5 (according to DIN EN ISO 12945-2)|
Here is the explanation of rubbing fastness
|High lightfastness – lightfastness factor 5 |
Here is the explanation of lightfastness
Fire safety standard BS 5852 Part 1 - Cigarette Test - PASS
Fire safety standard DIN EN 1021-1 - Cigarette Test - PASS
|High level of environmental protection through the use of new technologies in the production process|
|Highest quality – All our velvet fabrics are certified according to Öko-Tex Standard 100 (MADE IN GREEN)|
Care Instructions for Velvet Covers
Care for removable covers:
- Remove the inlay and close the zipper
- Wash the cover at 30°C in the delicate cycle, without fabric softener in the washing machine
- Do not bleach, please use commercial detergent
- Soak heavily soiled items briefly
- Put the covers back on immediately after washing while they are still damp - this way the pad retains its shape
- Do not use a dryer
- Dry flat
- Do not iron the velvet fabric
Care for quilted cushions:
- Vacuum house dust at low suction power with a soft upholstery nozzle
- Clean light dirt with a damp cloth
- Clean heavy dirt with a neutral soap solution. To do this, apply the solution to a clean cloth, work in circular motions from the outside in, and then smooth out
|Max. washing temperature - 30 °C. Only fill the washing machine halfway. Set to "Delicates" wash program. Do not spin.|
|Do not bleach. Only use bleach-free detergents (e.g., color detergent). Use stain removers with caution and only apply to concealed areas.|
|Do not iron|
|Do not use a dryer|
|Professional textile care - dry cleaning in gentle treatment with perchloroethylene|
|Dry flat only|